The basic 5 things to remember
- One third of all convenience shoppers buy nappies, therefore offering a core range is essential
- Mums that shop Baby Care in convenience stores are doing so as a distress purchase. Ensure you are stocking all nappy sizes within a franchise before adding bigger pack sizes
- Make sure your shelves are kept full and clearly layout your fixture by subcategory & brand i.e. Nappies - Pampers New Baby, Active Fit, Baby Dry and Wipes
- Site Baby Care near to Health & Beauty. Mums often need products from both categories so there is an opportunity to encourage impulse and cross-category purchases.
- Mums can’t get by without Nappies, Baby Milk and Baby Food. These are the key subcategories that should be stocked if there is limited space