The basic 5 things to remember
- Shoppers who are looking for household cleaning products are often on an overall cleaning mission, so it is advisable to site Homecare near to Laundry
- Availability is the most important thing with 64% of shoppers telling us so. Make sure your shelves are fully-stocked and clearly labelled to avoid lost sales
- The homecare category is relatively complex, so merchandising products by room i.e. kitchen and bathroom and by product task i.e. dishes, surfaces allows customers to easily navigate the fixture
- Display wipes and cloths near sprays, floor and carpet products should be located across the bottom shelf, and bin bags should be included on fixture or nearby to encourage cross purchasing
- Stocking the brand leaders in each sub-category helps shoppers easily identify the product they need.